Know Your Preferences
Before you even go that road take a moment and think about the preferences toy might have for a locum tenens opportunity. Recruitment consultants can really help you but they need more information so that they can in a position where will match your lifestyle, work experience, habits and so on. Here are some of the questions that you should be asking yourself:
- What is the most important thing for me, location, salary, schedule or something else?
- How much am I willing to work and what is my availability?
- What is the ideal or baseline compensation I am looking for?
- Why do I want to work as a locum?
- Do I want to maintain my current working status and work with similar cases or do I want to work with a different group of patients?
- Do I need the locum tenens opportunity as a supplemental income stream or do I want to shift from my current job to a locum one?
Find a Locum Tenens Agency with Experience
When you know for sure that you are ready to work as a locum you will have to find the right agency that specializes in locum tenens recruitment and staffing.
A professional locum tenens agency has the experience and expertise to help you with the transition from a permanent practice to your desired locum position. Such an agency can assist with salary negotiations, paperwork, and all other details.
You now know the important aspects of talking with a locum tenens recruiter. Yous should always be asking questions in order to see if you have the right opportunity in front of you.